Work Type: Project Based Contract
Closing date: 13 November 2020
Applications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of the Role
The Senior Project Manager will take ultimate responsibility for the execution and delivery of the construction of a large 110mgl/day. Water Treatment Plant including the supply, installation, construction and commissioning of the Plant. He will report directly to the top managements of the company and will be managing a large construction team comprising of engineers, technologists, construction managers, site agents, construction staff, support staff and administration staff.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Ensuring that project is constructed technically correct, cost effectively and delivered on time in accordance to the designs and specification and quality requirements.
- Communicating and coordination across departments and managers to ensure on time delivery targets and coat targets are achieved.
- Ensuring that the site has the necessary manpower, competence, skills, knowledge, plant and tooling required in order to achieve production targets.
- Resolve technical issues with construction team to develop and implement preventative measures to avoid re-occurrences.
- Ensure company compliance with relevant engineering statutory regulations
- Implementation of risk management system. Identification and mitigation of risks.
- Management oversight of quality management systems and price of non-conformance. Ensure accurate record keeping.
- Work in an integrated manner with the design team in South Africa on design matters
- Coordinating with the procurement department to ensure that material and sub-contractors are procured cost effectively and suitable to meet construction requirements.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the financial viability of the project.
- The role carries direct managerial responsibility for the senior contract managers, senior quantity surveyors and planners assigned to you.
Qualifications & Experience / Minimum Requirements
- BEng or BTech in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Technical Registration with the Applicable Overseeing Authority as an Engineer or Technologist is compulsory.
- Project Management Qualifications and Registration with SACPCMP and ACPM will be advantageous.
- 18 + yearsâ€™ experience after graduation of which 8 + years of site experience in similar positions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Projects and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Drivers license is essential.
- Willing to travel on an hoc basis to countries in South Africa and Africa.
- Strong leadership capabilities supported by excellent people skills.
- In-depth knowledge of construction methods in the field of -large water or sanitation treatment works.
- In-depth understanding of the commercial functioning of a civil engineering construction company including procurement processes and timeous identification of profit and loss situations.
- Target driven individual.
- Ability to deliver required results while work under continuous pressure in remote locations.
Salary: To be negotiated.
Reports to: Project Director
Travel: Willingness to travel on an hoc basis to countries in South Africa and Africa.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
At South Zambezi Engineering Services, people matter. The firm has a genuine interest in the well-being of its employees and continually strives to provide a pleasant work environment. South Zambezi offers an inspiring environment where dynamic, ambitious people can develop their full potential, led by a team of professionals and highly-skilled managers committed to the continuous evolution and success of South Zambezi and its people. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning. In all that we do, we are guided by our common goal â€“ to be an employer of choice and provider of equal opportunity, career development.