Work Type: Project Based
Closing date: 13th August 2021
Applications must be sent to: SA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of the Role
To develop time plans on the project to ensure that the project is completed safely, on time and within budget. To define each aspect of the project and choose the best methods to complete them.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Develop and define project goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze project effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative tools.
- Recommend and implement modifications to improve effectiveness and attain project milestones.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor activities of assigned projects to develop and implement procedures, processes and systems.
- Educate employees in methods to ensure project continuity and completeness.
- Develop detailed task lists and work effort assessment.
- Prepare short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all key players and team members.
- Oversee schedules and risk management plans and provide serious deviations warnings hindering project results.
- Identify changes in work scope in the project plan.
- Ensure to take appropriate planning measures with all clients to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts and budgets.
- Ensure to convey required project data and information to project teams.
- Prepare and present regular internal and external project reports for management.
- Evaluate and analyze with team risks and issues compromising project results and develop plans to mitigate them.
- Lead development of baseline schedule and support Project Manager (PM) in Integrated Baseline Review (IBR).
- Gather actual data, update project schedule and develop reliable schedule forecast with support from project team.
Qualifications & Experience / Minimum Requirements
- Bachelorâ€™s or equivalent degree/experience combination in construction and/or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of construction project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using MS Project or Primavera P3 or P6 and MS Excel
- Subject matter expertise using MS Project to manage an integrated master schedule and the supporting detailed schedules
- Extremely proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Valid Driverâ€™s License
- Salary: To be negotiated
- The ability to enter time and cost data for each project and analyse compared to established budget
- The ability to understand and assist in the planning of tasks for new projects
- The ability to organize data and analyse the data for current and future projects
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and regularly with team members, client representatives, and management
- The ability to develop a good working relationship with each team member and clients.
- Superior interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills, including the ability to motivate and influence others, build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment
- Creative and innovative with assignments.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities.
- Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Excellent communication skills
If you are not contacted as a short listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driverâ€™s licence (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Salary: To be negotiated
Reports to: SA.email@example.com
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
At South Zambezi Engineering Services, people matter. The firm has a genuine interest in the well-being of its employees and continually strives to provide a pleasant work environment. South Zambezi offers an inspiring environment where dynamic, ambitious people can develop their full potential, led by a team of professionals and highly-skilled managers committed to the continuous evolution and success of South Zambezi and its people. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning. In all that we do, we are guided by our common goal â€“ to be an employer of choice and provider of equal opportunity, career development.