Work Type: Project Based
Closing date: 06 December 2019
Applications must be sent to: email@example.com
Purpose of the Role
The Site Agent will be responsible for the management of Building works in order to achieve required project delivery to the Client’s objectives, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control.
The Site Agent will deliver multiple on-going building projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The incumbent will work closely with the Project Manager, site manager, engineers and surveyors to ensure that the building projects are completed in a safe manner whilst Client’s requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Ensure project execution according to quality specification, within time and cost frameworks.
- Oversee overall Site Quality, Building Quality and Workmanship
- Plan daily and weekly activities for completion.
- Utilize baseline program of works daily to follow project timelines.
- Managing day to day tasks of site through foreman and subcontractors.
- Managing of placing orders for required materials for site use in relation to bill of quantities items.
- Confirming lead times for delivery of materials and matching any possible impact on Programme of Work.
- Liaise with relevant role players: Client, Consultants, Subcontractors
- Produce procurement schedules and liaise with the procurement department to ensure sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks.
- Communicate on leads with subcontractors, suppliers and Information from clients and consultants.
- Consult with Project Manager regarding uncertainties, challenges and delays.
- Compile progress reports.
- Daily planning of production requirements.
- Conduct regular meetings with site teams to review overall site requirements and performance.
- Manage drawings through tracking revisions, additions or variations.
- Read and interpret structural engineering drawings
- Coordinate subcontractor meetings and taking minutes to ensure effective production on site.
- Responsible for Health and Safety.
- Set up frequent sub-contractor meetings to identify risks and develop mitigation measures.
- Supervise subcontractors on fixing reinforcements and structural steel.
- Carry out site supervision of structural works ensuring compliance with designs, specifications and standards
- Sound knowledge and understanding of reinforced concrete, structural and water retaining.
- Deliver the work to the specified quality without defects.
Qualifications & Experience / Minimum Requirements
- BSc / Btech in Civil Engineering, or equivalent qualification.
- Registered with ECSA as Professional Engineer / Professional Technologist.
- 5 years’ or more relevant experience in construction of large scale, multi-storey building structures.
- Knowledge of NEC contract conditions.
- Knowledge of Risk Management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting.
- Good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering.
- Valid Driver’s license is essential.
- Construction site experience in Building works projects.
- Excellent communication, people and team management skills.
- Ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion.
- Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and lead the team to ensure the culture is in line with our Company values.
- Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours.
- Ability to motivate and lead the team in line with the Company culture, ensuring high standards of compliance.
Salary: To be negotiated
Reports to: Project Director
Travel: Site based
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
At South Zambezi Engineering Services, people matter. The firm has a genuine interest in the well-being of its employees and continually strives to provide a pleasant work environment. South Zambezi offers an inspiring environment where dynamic, ambitious people can develop their full potential, led by a team of professionals and highly-skilled managers committed to the continuous evolution and success of South Zambezi and its people. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning. In all that we do, we are guided by our common goal – to be an employer of choice and provider of equal opportunity, career development.