Work Type: Permanent
Closing date: 31 May 2019
Applications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of the Role
The incumbent will be responsible for estimating, contract negotiation, and evaluation of works, cost analysis, cash flow, submission of progress and final accounts.
- Preparing tender documents.
- Resolving contractual and commercial problems.
- Discovering and rectifying areas that are not in-keeping with regulatory practices.
- Offering direction and instruction.
- Commercial Risk assessment.
- Ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations.
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contracts are clear to all parties.
- Overseeing commercial KPIs.Management/mentoring/training of junior Quantity Surveyors.
- Develop quantity surveying processes and standards within a business.
- Ensure proper commercial closure of projects.
- Ensure proper commercial handover of bid.
- Ensure timeous conclusion of all contract documentation and payment of guarantees.
- Manage and monitor legal issues through liaison and briefing of the relevant legal team.
- Budget and Capex planning involvement.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Engage in activities which contribute to personal CPD (Continuous Professional Development) and maintain professional accreditation.
- Responsible for on-going informal and formal development to stay abreast of innovations in the industry.
- The Snr Quantity Surveyor will also continuously work to strategically expand, preserve or improve procedures, standards or policies whilst adhering to regulatory guidelines of the Company.
- Liaise with HR to facilitate training for department.
Qualifications & Experience / Minimum Requirements
- BSc Degree majoring in Quantity Surveying preferably an Honors Degree.
- Must be professionally Registered with SACQSP.
- Legal Knowledge: Employee Equity Act, Labour Relations Act and OHS Act
- Must have knowledge in JBCC, GCC; knowledge on FIDIC and NEC3 will be an advantage.
- Software: MS Office, QS Plus /WinQS, DimX Bill and CCS
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience working within a PQS or consulting firm in bulk infrastructure environment, contract management, cost estimation, commercial and contractual management; Tendering
- Quality Management: ISO compliance
- Language proficiency: Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Travel: Regular inter-provincial and international site visits
- Driver’s license: essential
- Presentation skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Good numeracy, analytical and problem-solving skills
Key Performance Areas (KPIs)
- Managing of projects and junior staff in the department
- Liaising with clients on commercial and contractual matters
- Cost Elemental Estimates and reporting
- Cash Management
- Tender documentation & procurement
- Contract Administration
- Interim, Final Account/ Close out
Salary: To be negotiated (inclusive of benefits) depending on relevance and duration of experience
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Travel: Occasional travel to site, intercontinentally and internationally
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
At South Zambezi Engineering Services, people matter. The firm has a genuine interest in the well-being of its employees and continually strives to provide a pleasant work environment. South Zambezi offers an inspiring environment where dynamic, ambitious people can develop their full potential, led by a team of professionals and highly-skilled managers committed to the continuous evolution and success of South Zambezi and its people. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning. In all that we do, we are guided by our common goal – to be an employer of choice and provider of equal opportunity, career development.