Work Type: Project Based
Closing date: 15 October 2019
Applications must be sent to: SA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of the Role
As a Control and Instrumentation technician you will be responsible for supervision and assistance of all Control and Instrumentation, Fibre Optic, Networking work packages. Updating and verification of all discipline specific engineering design drawings. Document responsibilities will range from conceptual design stages of the project until final handover including QC documentation.
Be responsible for supervision and assistance of all Control and Instrumentation, Fibre Optic, Networking work packages. Updating and verification of all discipline specific engineering design drawings. Document responsibilities will range from conceptual design stages of the project until final handover including QC documentation.
Responsibilities / Duties
Candidate must have more experience on the following:
- Familiar with programmable logic controllers (PLC) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Design and layout of plant control systems.
- Intruder alarms and access control.
- VOIP System.
- CCTV camera systems.
- Siemens RIO Panels.
- Fire detection and suppression system.
- Fibre Optic and other networks.
- Incumbent to be able to work in a team.
- Must be able to communicate with all team members, clients and service providers to communicate ideas, troubleshoot and propose solutions.
- Participate in any contractor development, enterprise and supplier development or CSI programmes of the firm.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date.
- Operate within ISO standards.
- Ensure correct filing and signing of documents as well as necessary approvals are obtained from clients and service providers.
- To be aware of the chain of custody of documents/drawings.
- Full knowledge and understanding of the standard abbreviations and international symbols for control and instrumentation and electrical engineering.
- OHS Act and its application.
- Full understanding of Electrical, Control and Instrumentation National and International Standards.
- Design and installation experience on network communication protocols and Moxa/Cisco switch networks.
- Siemens PCS7 and Wonder ware knowledge.
- Design and installation experience on VOIP systems, intruder alarm systems, CCTV camera systems and access control.
- Knowledge of Fire detection and suppression systems.
- Design experience of the substation infrastructures will be an advantage.
- Transnet and Eskom standards would be an advantage
- Legal knowledge: Employee Equity Act, Labour Relations Act, OHS Act, Design compliance standards.
- Transnet & Eskom Specifications, NEC3 Contracts
Qualifications & Experience / Minimum Requirements
- N Dipl Electrical Engineering (Process Instrumentation) (ECSA Registered as Technician or eligible for registration)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience
- Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, PCS7 Software, Wonderware SCADA and Historian
- Driver’s license: Essential
- Quality Management: Transnet and Eskom quality management
- Travel: Located on Transnet Port site in Saldanha occasional travel to Johannesburg.
- Language proficiency: Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
The ability to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines is fundamental, as well as effective time management of work flow in order to meet deadlines. The ability to work with Management direction, use initiative and possess a positive attitude towards teamwork is critical.
- Is able to take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- The ability to see details at close range/Attention to details.
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern.
- Oral and written comprehension and expression.
- Time management essential.
- Performance driven.
- Profibus certified.
- Analytical skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written).
- Administrative ability to manage documentation.
- Understanding of Electrical, Control and Instrumentation systems and drawings.
- Understanding of Instrumentation Infrastructure requirements.
- Work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Advance site commissioning skills.
- Computer literate.
Salary: To be negotiated
Reports to: Khato/Thenga JV-Site Electrical Engineer
Travel: Based onsite (Saldanha)
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
At South Zambezi Engineering Services, people matter. The firm has a genuine interest in the well-being of its employees and continually strives to provide a pleasant work environment. South Zambezi offers an inspiring environment where dynamic, ambitious people can develop their full potential, led by a team of professionals and highly-skilled managers committed to the continuous evolution and success of South Zambezi and its people. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning. In all that we do, we are guided by our common goal – to be an employer of choice and provider of equal opportunity, career development.