Work Type: Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: 27 November 2020
Applications must be sent to: email@example.com
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Senior Civil Engineer – Design, co-ordinate, initiate, plan, execute and monitor Civil Works for a Potable Water Treatment Plant (110 Mℓ Capacity).
Responsibilities / Duties
- Hydraulic design of bulkwater pipeline transfer schemes, including surge analysis,
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Design
- Bulk Earthworks Design
- Geometric Road design
- Interpret Geotechnical Investigation reports.
- Develop conceptual designs
- Reviews and approves deliverables (reports, design and drawings)
- Co-ordinates with electrical/mechanical, geotechnical and EIA specialist
- Prepare design reports and presentations.
- Prepare Bill of Quantities and construction specifications for structures
- Provide guidance to civil technicians and draughtspersons in development of component setting-out drawings, bulk earthworks layout drawings, pipework detail drawings, and valve chamber layout drawings,
- Provide expert technical support and advice to the contractor on pipework connections in relation to the civil drawings
- Provide mentorship to engineers and technicians to ensure continuous professional development.
- Client liaison including meetings and reporting
- Compliance with the company’s Quality Management System ISO9001 requirements
- Provides assistance and direction to project managers on contractual issues and contract performance
- Business Development
Qualifications & Experience / Minimum Requirements
- BEng/BSc Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Registration with ECSA
- 7+ years’ experience after graduation
- A valid Driver’s License
- The incumbent will be required to travel within South Africa and SADC where South Zambezi is operating.
- Must possess analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Target driven individual
Salary: To be negotiated.
Reports to: To Senior Civil Engineer.
Travel: Occasional travel to site, intercontinental and internationally.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
At South Zambezi Engineering Services, people matter. The firm has a genuine interest in the well-being of its employees and continually strives to provide a pleasant work environment. South Zambezi offers an inspiring environment where dynamic, ambitious people can develop their full potential, led by a team of professionals and highly-skilled managers committed to the continuous evolution and success of South Zambezi and its people. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning. In all that we do, we are guided by our common goal – to be an employer of choice and provider of equal opportunity, career development.