Work Type: Project Based Contract
Closing date: 30 September 2020
Applications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of the Role
Reports to the Senior Civil Engineer in directing, co-ordinating, initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & control of civil engineering design projects. Drives general civil engineering design deliverables.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Design of internal and bulk civil infrastructure which includes water pipeline design, sewer pipeline design stormwater design, street design and earthworks designs;
- Preparing tender documents as a basis for construction;
- Reviewing technical submissions;
- Working collaboratively with other design departments;
- Supporting other project managers and directors within the business;
- Keeping up to date with environmental matters, and being aware of policy and developments in this area;
- Presenting technical data or project results to both technical and non-technical Clients and Colleagues;
- Monitoring the progress of projects from start to finish – from the feasibility stage, to basic and detail design, through to construction and handover;
- Controlling and managing budgets at project level;
- Incumbent is expected to carry out site supervision of construction works for short and sometimes long durations on sites as follows;
- Ensuring compliance with design/specifications and standards.
- Ensuring compliance with project programme and all knowledge areas.
- Attending site meetings.
- Preparing reports.
- Issuing of Site Instructions (SI).
- Attending to Requests for Information (RFIs) from the contractor.
- Liaising with the Head Office in all cases while contacting site activities.
- Do any ad-hoc office or site duties as assigned by the Senior Civil Engineer.
Qualifications & Experience / Minimum Requirements
- BEng or Btech in Civil Engineering
- Professional Registration with ECSA
- 7 + years’ experience after graduation
- A valid Driver’s License
- The incumbent will be required to travel within South Africa and SADC where South Zambesi is operating.
- Ability to take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Ability be an active and participating team member, able to transfer skills to others in order to achieve business objectives in all circumstances
- Ability to troubleshoot and strategize in order to meet the long-term vision of the company.
- Problem solver and target driven individual.
- Ability to deliver required results while working in a high pressure environment.
Salary: To be negotiated.
Reports to: To Senior Civil Engineer.
Travel: Occasional travel to site, intercontinental and internationally.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
At South Zambezi Engineering Services, people matter. The firm has a genuine interest in the well-being of its employees and continually strives to provide a pleasant work environment. South Zambezi offers an inspiring environment where dynamic, ambitious people can develop their full potential, led by a team of professionals and highly-skilled managers committed to the continuous evolution and success of South Zambezi and its people. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning. In all that we do, we are guided by our common goal – to be an employer of choice and provider of equal opportunity, career development.