Work Type: Permanent
Closing date: 31 May 2019
Applications must be sent to: email@example.com
Purpose of the Role
As a Control and Instrumentation Designer you will be responsible for drafting and designing of all Control and Instrumentation drawings on a number of turnkey projects throughout African Continent. You will be required to provide documentation and drawings including document schedules for the permitted project. Document responsibilities will range from conceptual design stages of the project until final handover including QC documentation.
Design experience and creation on Instrumentation documentation:
- Loop drawings
- Cable Block Diagrams
- Cable Schedules
- P&ID Drawings
- Termination Schedules
- Instrument Datasheets
- Panel GA’s
- Network drawings
Design experience and creation on Electrical documentation:
- Single Line Diagrams,
- Cable Schedules
- Motor Control Centre design
- Sub-Station design and Electrical Reticulation
Candidate must have more experience on the following:
- Familiar with programmable logic controllers (PLC) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Design and layout of plant control systems.
- Staying current on the latest instrumentation, control, telecommunication, and security equipment (hardware and software) with the goal understand the equipment technologies which are best to use and recommend to our clients.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Incumbent to be able to work in a team.
- Must be able to communicate with all team members, clients and service providers to communicate ideas, troubleshoot and propose solutions.
Training and Development
- Personal: Engage in activities which contribute to personal CPD (Continuous Professional Development) and maintain professional accreditation. Responsible for on-going informal and formal development to improve knowledge base and personal abilities, skill and capacity in all areas of work.
- Company: Participate in any contractor development, enterprise and supplier development or CSI programmes of the firm.
Qualifications & Experience / Minimum Requirements
- Minimum N Dipl Electrical Engineering (Process Instrumentation) (ECSA Registered as Technician or eligible for registration).
- Legal Knowledge: Employee Equity Act, Labour Relations Act, OHS Act and Design compliance standards.
- Software: Computer literate, AutoCAD, Visio, Dessoft or any EC&I design software.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience.
- Drivers license essential.
- Quality Management: ISO compliance.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- The ability to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines is fundamental, as well as effective time management of work flow in order to meet deadlines. The ability to work with Management direction, use initiative and possess a positive attitude towards teamwork is critical.
- Is able to take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- The ability to see details at close range/Attention to details.
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern.
- Oral and written comprehension and expression.
- Time management essential.
- Performance driven.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date.
- Operate within ISO standards.
- Ensure correct filing and signing of documents as well as necessary approvals are obtained from clients and service providers.
- To be aware of the chain of custody of documents/drawings.
Salary: To be negotiated (inclusive of benefits) depending on relevance and duration of experience
Reports to: Senior C&I Engineer
Travel: Occasional travel to site, intercontinentally and internationall
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
At South Zambezi Engineering Services, people matter. The firm has a genuine interest in the well-being of its employees and continually strives to provide a pleasant work environment. South Zambezi offers an inspiring environment where dynamic, ambitious people can develop their full potential, led by a team of professionals and highly-skilled managers committed to the continuous evolution and success of South Zambezi and its people. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning. In all that we do, we are guided by our common goal – to be an employer of choice and provider of equal opportunity, career development.